Thursday, June 28, 2007

Attack Of The Single Women!

I hardly ever read Time Out New York (although I should -- lots of helpful tips on Fun Things To Do In The City)....today, on a whim, I picked up a copy and had ever so much fun (as they say in the UK -- I am currently watching the British version of Last Comic Standing so the accent is stuck in my head) reading this article about single women in New York. Very interesting and amusing. Here are some highlights (or lowlights, depending on your perspective):

~ There are 185,000 more single women than single men in the New York, New Jersey and Connecticut areas combined. (me: whoa.)

~ Interview with single, 26-year-old Samantha:
What kind of men are at bars?
I like to call them douche bags.
What qualifies a douche bag?
They can be found on a Thursday night at any bar in NYC, especially the Upper East Side.
When did someone last pick you up?
I was picked up on Thursday.
What did they do to impress you?
He didn't impress me, he just picked me up.
Any pointers for single women in NYC?
God help you.

~ Interview with single, 23-year-old Amanda:
"I read some description somewhere where they said, 'Dating in New York is like being a kid in a candy store.' But it feels more like being a kid at Home Depot, where there's a ton of sh*t and you don't really want any of it, you just want to leave."

(me: *awesome*)

****************************************

in other news: my favorite coffee shop CLOSED. ahhhh!!! now where will i go?? i guess starbucks. or starbucks. or maybe starbucks ::sad day:: :(

1 comment:

Anna said...

how can it be closed?!?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...