Friday, June 1, 2007

Waitress

I finally got around to seeing Waitress a few days ago, after many weeks of hearing the buzz surrounding this film and (unsuccessfully) trying to squeeze it into my schedule. After all of the anticipation, I have to say, I was more than pleasantly surprised. In fact, it went above and beyond my expectations and is maybe the best film I've seen all year. Funny, poignant, and visually stimulating (beautiful, colorful pies, fillings, custards, cherries, etc. YUM! Made me want to Bake and Eat!), I left the theatre feeling very full and happy.

More I need/want to see:
Once
Away From Her
Evening
Black Book
Fracture

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I saw Waitress a few weeks ago too and I loved it. I also left the theater feeling quite satisfied and feeling like baking pies could be more fun than I ever imagined :)

That City Girl said...

i know! weren't they (the pies) so pretty? the colors were like straight out of a box of oil pastels!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...