Friday, July 20, 2007

Avoidance

I think I've been avoiding the ol' blog lately. Don't know why. Perhaps because I have been lazy about writing. Or perhaps because I'd rather not write about how I feel New York is kicking my butt lately and how very, very tired I am.

It's not ALL bad though...there have been some positives over the last few weeks...such as:

* a trip to Virginia ~ a wedding ~ and a wonderful visit with the fam & old friends
* the possibility of renting studio space at the Women's Studio Center so I that I am free to paint and create whenever I want (I am looking at the space tomorrow)
* rehearsal with two other musicians tonight -- the ones I mentioned here -- perhaps a band will be born!
* a quick trip to the Jersey Shore to see my grandfather. He's so dang cute and fun :)
* after days of thunderstorms and grayness (not to mention the steam explosion, which happened 1 block from my office building only minutes after I left - scary), today is a well-deserved, breezy, beautiful & semi-sunny day for us New Yorkers.

And....hmm....well that's all I got for now. Next week I go to Santa Fe, New Mexico with my dad and to be honest, I am desperately looking forward to it: the quietness ~ the peace ~ nature ~ time away from the craziness...(don't worry New York, I still love you. I do. I just need some space. It's not you, it's me. Really.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anna said...

I didn't know you were going to Santa Fe! I miss you!!! But I'm going to be gone too, so I guess it's ok :)

Anna said...

I didn't know you were going to Santa Fe! I miss you!!! But I'm going to be gone too, so I guess it's ok :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...