Sunday, January 6, 2008

the New Year, I'm thirty, etc...

So...I have not yet unpacked even though I've been back in New York for over a week now. We still have our lamp tree up, and even a few not-yet-given gifts under the tree. The last of our guests left only 2 days ago. My room is a mess and I've been in my pj's all weekend. Needless to say, I am still recovering from a totally packed out (yet totally AWESOME) Christmas/30th Birthday/New Year's Eve....

Just in case my body was going to try and reject the idea of REST and RECOVERY this weekend after going going going for so many days straight, it went and picked itself up a nice, nasty cold -- so now I am forced to do nothing but sit and stare and watch season 2 of The Office and drink fluids and eat pizza (in between coughing attacks and nose-blowing, that is). It always throws me off to get sick. Life halts for a few days, and normalcy and routine are replaced with an abundant amount of free time, agitation and antsy-ness. It feels even weirder to come off of a 2 week long family-friend-packed-out vacation and THEN get sick. My routine and sense of normalcy are so far gone at the moment. I can't really recall what my normal, everyday City-Girl-Life even feels like....and the quietness I am now experiencing feels a bit shocking considering that our little apartment was crammed with 9 overnight guests just days ago. It's all good though. It is good to rest and recover. Good to sit in the quiet and reflect on recent memories of laughter and love, good friends and good times. And even good to crave routine and normalcy again. So...on that note, I think I will go back to my fluids and The Office, but not without first sharing a few photos of the last couple weeks....

~~the BIRTHDAY~~

so...now...i'm thirty. but it's okay. i got to celebrate with a bunch of kickin' people at a kickin' wine bar in NYC.


some of my favorite people in the world came into town from all over for the big soiree. yay :)

~~the NEW YEAR~~

Then, the New Year was rung in with fireworks and silly hats in Central Park, along with my dear friend Erin and her hubs (they came all the way from Scotland!)...


...and, of course, my sweetie pie :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...