Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Xanadu

Sometimes....when I'm working on my art....I like to jam out to some old school favorites -- Rikki Don't Lose That Number, Silly Love Songs, Wonderful Tonight. This week, (YES! I've been working this week! Go me) I'm all about Xanadu. Just CAN'T seem to get enough Olivia Newton-John. And sometimes....when I'm doing something mindless, like painting the rim of a bowl, I like to make up rolling skating routines in my head to songs like "Magic" and "Suddenly" (but I save my most rockin' moves for "Xanadu". Obviously). In these daydreams, my skating moves are always smooth and FLAWLESS, and somehow, I am stunningly beautiful (think Olivia Newton-John circa 1980). If you have no idea what I am talking about, say no more....



EVERYONE needs to see this terribly wonderful film at least once. I haven't seen it since I was about 8, but it's so *special* you never forget it.

3 comments:

KristyWes said...

It's 12:15am and I should be packing, but of course I'm watching this Xanadu clip! I've never seen the movie, we should have a viewing party sometime. I'll tease my hair, break out the pink legwarmers and purchase a 6-pack of Tab.

That City Girl said...

i'm in. totally. (i really hope you have pink legwarmers.)

Ben and Laurie said...

oh my goodness katie! First, i had no idea you had a blog! So yay for that! And second, i am a HUGE fan of xanadu!! I too first watched it when i was about 8 or so and have been hooked ever since...those songs are on my iPod and i own the movie! We need to have a xanadu night sometime in the VERY near future!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...