Friday, October 30, 2009

Wedding Thoughts - Part 4 {ceremony, con't...}

After my brother David delivered his wedding charge, which as I mentioned before was so beautiful and touching, it was time for Erin's special music and our private time of prayer. She wowed everyone with an incredible rendition of Paul McCartney's Maybe I'm Amazed (one of my all-time favorite love songs) and Dan had me in tears as he held my hand tightly and whispered heartfelt prayers.




And then it was time for the vows -- probably my favorite moment of the entire ceremony. We chose to write and recite personal vows to one another and then exchange traditional vows following that. His words to me were so beautiful and sweet, it was a serious struggle to keep it together. We decided to memorize them, which I am glad for because we were able to look each other in the eye, which made it feel more genuine (it was also helpful on the honeymoon when I requested to hear those beautiful vows again. Which I did. A lot. And still do :)

A snippet of Dan's vows (edited):
In all my life I didn't think that what we have was possible. You came into my life and single-handedly made me very optimistic about the future ... I come here today in complete confidence of our relationship and our future ... Your heart and your kindness are what first drew me to you, but I will love you for all of my days for no other reason than because you are you.

And a snippet of mine (edited):
You make me happier than I have ever been in my entire life. Since being with you there has been this peace and joy and fullness in me that was never there before ... I promise to love you deeply for the rest of my life, to laugh with you, to care for you, to stand by you, to travel the world with you and live life to the fullest with you ... You are truly the love of my life and I thank God every day that He brought you to me.




I was so full to the brim with excitement & emotion, and SO relieved that the 'public speaking' portion of the ceremony was over with, I could hardly keep still for the rest of the ceremony (as evidenced by my giddy, ants-in-the-pants moves caught on video and in pictures).

After the traditional vows and the exchanging of the rings it was the moment we'd been waaaaiting for: the pronouncement and kiss...




And then just like that...husband and wife!



{up next: the reception! thanks for sticking with me on these recaps. don't know how interesting they are for the rest of the world, but i've found it incredibly rewarding to look back on all of these moments and process them through writing. so thanks for indulging me whilst I process :)}

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...