Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mr. Bartley's

Harvard Square's famous burger Joint ~ Mr. Bartley's

We've passed by this place a bunch of times over the last month or so (have we really been here that long?), always marveling at the constant line out the door...and so yesterday (after a rather long and tiresome sort of day), we decided to finally check it out. (my (internet) sources tell me that it's been a Harvard Square institution since 1961. which is nothing to sneeze at).

So we went. And I am sad to report that I was a little bit underwhelmed. I wish that I was as impressed as so many others out there seem to be, but I just wasn't. Well, that's not totally true. I did love the sweet potato fries. And the menu (which contains 25+ inventively named burgers like The Jersey Shore and The Bill Clinton). But the burgers themselves? Eh. They were okay, but didn't blow my mind. I'd take Five Napkin Burger (NYC) over Mr. Bartley's any day (sorry, Boston). (have you ever tried the Italian Turkey Burger at 5 Napkin? oh. my. gosh.).

For my next time at Bartley's -- and yes, I plan to try it again, it's only fair -- I think I will do a turkey burger and/or a milkshake.

And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...