Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween in the City.

There is something about Halloween that makes me so happy. Not sure why, but it's always just held really happy, Fall-filled memories for me. I love the crispness, the festiveness, the fun it all. I can remember running around my Northern Virginia neighborhood with friends on clear, chilly nights when I was a kid, the smell of chimney smoke in the air. And now as an adult, I still love it and am always trying to convince Dan to dress up with me :) (one year I got him to wear a 70's fro...it was awesome). 

As I mentioned before, Halloween in New York is pretty fantastic. In past years, I headed to the big parade in the Village, which is craziness. This year we decided to stay closer to home and take a stroll down w. 95th by Central Park West, which is one of those quintessential, tree-lined/brownstone-lined streets in Manhattan (we looked at renting a cute apartment in one of those dreamy brownstones on w. 95th, but being on a top floor with no elevator was a deal breaker for us with the baby). We heard that every year they block off the street for trick-or-treating and it turns into one giant party, so we decided to check it out. 
*
These pictures don't do the setting/vibe justice...it really was quite a scene. Houses decked out, parents in costume, kids in costume, fog machines, Michael Jackson music blaring from a window, dancing in the street. It was so much fun! 
(this picture is kind of spooky with this ghostly figure running towards me) 
Miles zonked out and missed the whole thing, but Dan and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves :)  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...