Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Summer Breeze (makes me feel fine...)

Tonight is one of those perfect early-summer nights -- warm and breezy with low humidity, flip-flops and summer skirts galore! These are the kind of nights that make me feel like anything is possible. The warm wind whips my hair around my face, and I think...no...I believe with all my heart, that life is good and God is good and everything will be okay. A friend and I went to Spice tonight, and with our glasses full of fruity-Sangria-fun, we toasted New York in May: "Here's to summertime in New York!" And we couldn't help but smile and giggle as the words left our mouths. Because it is true that such a declaration deserves a toast and a smile -- and JOY! Even though the monotony of The Day Job gets old; even though my music isn't exactly taking off; even though the ol' love life is not really a "reality" per se...it is okay. I am okay. Because there is life to be lived and dinners to be had and summer breezes to be swept away in....and to THAT, I raise my glass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...