Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Lovely Places...

There are some places in this city that I find so delightful, I just can't keep them to myself. And so, dear bloggers, I share those places with you now:

* Firenze Ristorante: the pasta dishes never disappoint, and the waiters make you feel like YOU are definitely their favorite customer. But the best part is the way the dark and cozy interior sweeps you away to a different time and place. There is always lots of red wine and laughter to be had at Firenze.

* Brandy's Piano Bar: love, love, LOVE this place! It's loud and crowded, but after a few cosmos and Elton John tunes, you won't really notice anymore. The perfect place for those who enjoy Singing Very Loud.

*DTUT: not just another cookie cutter coffee shop. When I make my quick morning stop on the way to work (chocolate croissant and small black coffee, please), I always look longingly at the bohemian patrons typing away on their macs. This artsy joint makes me want to be jobless just so I can sit in one of those cushy chairs all afternoon scribbling away in my journal. Think Central Perk.

* First Presbyterian Church located at 12 West 12th Street, in New York's charming Greenwich Village. Not my church, but I pass by it every week, and every week have the same reaction -- wonder-filled sighs. Its beauty makes me stop dead in my tracks. I want to dive head-first into the lush green lawn, or maybe just picnic on it, and I feel as if I could spend hours photographing the architecture and beautifully kempt grounds. It is a delight just to catch a glimpse of this historically rich place of worship. I've never even peeked inside, but the outside is enough to get it on my list this week. Impressive, eh?

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

oh I went to DTUT about 5 years or so ago and I loved it too! Seriously, why aren't we living in the same city? I absolutely have to find a way to visit you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...