Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Long Weekend = Long Bloggie (sorry)

It was a lovely holiday weekend, chock full of laughs, sun, and Central Park...the highlights:

* there was a lil' adventure on Friday night in the East Village with the girls. See pic posted at the end of this blog to find out what I was up to (teehee!! I am keeping you in suspense!)

* Saturday we were hard core New Yorkers: up at 6:30 am to reserve our spot in a long line of Shakespeare fans -- that's how they do it in NYC for Shakespeare In The Park tickets (which don't cost nothin' but time). We passed the hours -6 to be exact- on blankets spread out under a canopy of trees in the park, chatting, snacking and dog watching. I gotta say, there are some FUNNY DOGS in this city! And some loony dog owners. There was definitely some questionable pet/human behavior going on in the park on Saturday. I have funny stories: let me know if you want to hear one or two and we'll chat...I need to use my voices for these - it's just not the same in writing! After spending the remainder of the afternoon in Verizon hell when I should have been napping (I had to get a new phone and it was NOT a fun experience people), we headed back to the park that night for the magical experience that is Shakespeare In The Park. A Midsummer Night's Dream was the show, and between the hilarity of that particular play and the surreal & sparkly setting, I was in New York heaven (minus the scary singing children who were a bit oompa-loompa-like in their depiction of the fairies).

* Sunday's best moment came in the evening at my new favorite place in New York City: my church! That's right -- I have a church! And I love it. Imagine that. Every week I am inspired and motivated and challenged, and it just feels so...warm. And happy. How often do you find that at church? Not very. Sunday's service was powerful and emotional for me. Catherine Rohr, once a city-girl herself, and probably not much older than me, came and spoke on the non-profit organization she started for inmates at a prison facility in Texas. It is too much to go into it all right now, but you should definitely read about her and this organization. What this woman has accomplished, and the thousands of lives that have been changed as a result, is just mind-blowing. And so inspiring...just to see that dreams, callings and passions really can come alive. And that they have the power to bring about such restoration and healing to this very broken world. I LOVE THAT! And I was reminded (as I so often need to be) that there is so much more to life than just lil' ole me and my lil' (old) dramas. *sigh*

* Monday was a day of relaxing and reading, walking and taking pictures (I once again found myself in Central Park), dining with friends in Chinatown, and then some music collaboration with an old friend from my Starbucks' days, which worked out quite well (band No. 2? hmmm.). In a nutshell, good times were had by all...

And that's all from the World's Wordiest Blogger. But...before I go...a pic of me and my new l-i-t-t-l-e friend :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...