Monday, September 10, 2007

News

I have just learned that Derek Webb, a musician I have known of and admired for more than a decade, is scheduled to play the Bitter End tonight at 9:30 pm. The Bitter End!! As in the venue I JUST played last night!! Knowing that Derek and I will share the same stage within a 24-hour period makes me feel just a teensey bit special :)

In sadder news, I have also just learned of the passing of one of my favorite writers (and fellow New Yorker), Madeleine L'Engle. Her list of published work over the years is extensive and impressive. Here are some of my favorites: A Wrinkle In Time, A Circle Of Quiet, and Walking On Water: Reflections on Faith and Art.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! Derek Webb. How did the Bitter End gig go for you??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...