Friday, September 14, 2007

*The Celebs*

If you enjoy partaking in the occasional celebrity stalking (and who doesn't really?) I highly recommend checking out this site: daily updates on WHO has been seen WHERE in NYC. It is amazing to me that there are SO MANY of them just walking around out there -- right outside my office building, in my neighborhood, etc...I mean, according to this site, the streets of New York are absolutely teeming with celebrities! And not just the little ones -- I am talking about the big guys: like the Jolie-Pitts and their clan of children (who apparently have been hanging out in my neighborhood lately) and Bono, who, as my friend informed me yesterday, lives in New York (which, because I am oblivious, I did not know). And then she casually added, "Yea, I saw him last week." WHAAA--??!! Seriously, where have I been?! 'Come ON, Katie. OPEN those eyes. LOOK ALIVE LOOK ALIVE.' (That's what I have to tell myself when I am walking down the streets of New York in my own little la-la land).

My latest celebrity excitement: I have now seen that lady from K-PAX -- Celia Weston -- TWICE within the last year, in two completely different parts of the city. I think that is kind of c-r-a-z-y. First sighting: August of '06, in the crosswalk of Third Avenue and 85th Street. She was going into a video store. I exclaimed to my friends (probably too loudly), "Hey!! That's that K-PAX lady!!" They were not impressed. They kept walking. Second sighting: August of '07, at Filene's Basement, in Union Square. She walked right past me, pretty slowly, so I got a good look at her face and I'm 99.7% sure it was her. What are the odds, right? It's like we are friends now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...