Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Friends.

I am going through some serious friend-withdrawal right now. A very good friend from my YWAM days, Caleb, was visiting over the weekend along with her German beau, Tobi (they are currently working with YWAM in Germany) and now that they are gone I feel a bit deflated. Aside from the exhaustion that always comes from entertaining guests in NYC, having her here was soul & heart-refreshing. Someone who knows me and gets me. Someone who offers to pray for me/with me right there on the spot as I am sharing about my latest drama (oh yeah, prayer)...sigh...I.LOVE.HER. (how could you not? she's so dang cute):

.cute.

times square

tobi and caleb
*tobi and caleb*

***

A few other random & unrelated things:
1) I am NOT happy about the Monday Night Football switch from ABC to ESPN. What about us non-cable people? No fair. (Yes I like football, and yes I realize this happened last year, but...well...I was VERY busy last fall! hence the not noticing until this week). It is quite unfortunate that instead of watching the Redskins kick some Philly butt last night (which I would have loooooved to see), I was stuck with options like Wife Swap and Supernanny. Ugh.
2) I am very happy to see that wide-leg trousers have made a come back this fall. Go wide-leg trousers, go.
3) I love fall. The weather here has been dreamy. Sunny, clear, low to upper 60's -- a bit cooler than usual for this time of year, but I am not complaining. Me and my chunky sweaters and fall blazers are quite pleased :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...