Tuesday, October 30, 2007

--the weekend--

I'm a bit sad that weekends are so very short. I mean, just 2 days!? -- seriously... It is Tuesday now, and as bummed as I am to be back to the 'daily grind', I'm still riding the high of my lovely, Autumn-in-New York weekend...

There was:
*the Rosie Thomas/Over the Rhine show which was beyond amazing. Here are some pics (taken with my cell phone--silly me, forgot the camera, but I just had to get some shots of this beautiful stage lighting)...
Over The Rhine
(Over The Rhine)
Karen
(Karen of OTR)
Linford
(Linford of OTR)

There was:
*a lazy, rainy Saturday spent cozied up in my little apartment...then a movie with some good company, followed by dinner with said company...topped off with a bit of live jazz at the famous Lenox Lounge: a truly authentic, classy New York establishment...*the perfect Saturday*...

There was:
*a lovely, sunny & crisp autumn Sunday, in which I, along with the aforementioned good company, took a drive out of the city and up along the Hudson River Valley...*sigh*...this is when I remembered that it is fall....ah, fall....I had not yet seen such vibrant colors this season, and the air just felt so clean and crisp. We ended up at this vineyard, where our day was capped off with a wine tasting, followed by a bottle of red, good conversation and breathtaking views such as this:
Hudson Valley

...*the perfect Sunday*...

Now you can understand why it's so hard to get back into the swing of things this week! I've been spoiled...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...