Tuesday, October 6, 2009

2 things

Okay, so adjusting back to "normal life" has been a little tougher than I expected, leaving me and my blogging inspiration a bit blah and lifeless. I *do* plan on sharing wedding photos and tidbits on here, but first need to talk about two (2) things: 1. the lovely, cool Fall weather we've returned to, which, initially felt abrupt and confusing (when we left NYC it was still summer) but I quickly got over that when I remembered oh, yes...FALL! I looove New York in the Fall! (And my fun scarves and chunky sweaters that go with it). And 2. there's been another celebrity sighting, folks. Long in coming, if you ask me. Dan sees celebs on a regular basis now (most recently: Dustin Hoffman, Alan Alda and Howard Stern), but I have had a serious dry spell over the last year or so (remember Katie and Suri? Yep, it's been that long).

Soooo...the latest sighting to add to the ol' list?? Mr. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire himself, REGIS PHILBIN! That's right. Mr. Philbin, Dan and I all journeyed down two flights in an elevator together at our neighborhood gym (which is quite an intimate thing, you know. So much stink and sweat. Such a small, small space) (oh and YES! I go to the gym now, it's true!). I didn't get a good look, but was about 90% sure it was him (I had to sneak sideway glances in the mirror since he was behind me). But we did a little digging when we got home and our googling confirmed that yes, he does go to that gym and yes, he did have some affiliation with the university displayed on his (sweaty) t-shirt.

Now, you might be wondering, why even take the time to seek out such frivolous, meaningless information? And does it really matter, anyway? Well, no. Probably not. But now I can put him on the list. Officially. (And let's face it, my list needs all the help it can get). Plus you have to admit, it's pretty dang impressive/inspiring that he's in his seventies and still working out. Right? I mean, did you know that before you read this post? You heard it here first, folks. Breaking news. That's all I'm sayin'...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...