Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Another birthday & a New Year idea...

ice skating at the Sculpture Garden

This weekend another birthday came and went, so in order to properly celebrate YOUTH and life and all that good stuff, Dan took me for a spin on the ice in downtown D.C. (where we were still hanging for the holidays). It was a lovely night complete with all my favorite elements (twinkle lights, magic, laughter, etc.) -- until my ankles started killing me and my shins began to ache, which then started feeling less like a celebration of youth and more like a reminder of another year gone by. *sigh* ah well, it was still a lovely time, which ended with a wonderful meal at the Blue Duck Tavern and a drive through Georgetown (where we played the fun game "wouldn't it be grand to live in *this* incredibly beautiful & charming neighborhood?").

Now we are back in New York and ready to tackle a couple of days of work before another long weekend to ring in the New Year. Man, I love the holidays!

And speaking of the New Year...as promised, I've done some brainstorming on how to continue the New York photo project that we all came to know and love :) Here's what I came up with: starting in 2010, I will be posting one NYC photo a day, Monday through Friday (I'll be using the weekend to rest my camera clicking index finger and recharge my artistic batteries). Part of me is a little intimidated to take on such a feat, knowing that committing to this project might mean long, late nights of photo editing & blogging. But I am also excited to give myself a challenge -- something to keep me motivated and inspired and seeking artistic (magical) moments in my city throughout the week. I think I *need* this in 2010.

So tune back in on Monday, January 4th for our first New York Photo of the year! See you then...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...