Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Cloisters

The Cloisters

I am happy to report that I got another NYC to-do crossed off my list last weekend. Dan & I have been talking about going up to the Cloisters for months now, and finally, on a whim after church on Sunday, decided to make it happen.


Well, we didn't actually go into the museum, but we did walk the grounds, and I have to say, it's true what everyone says...it really is BEAUTIFUL up there.


I felt like I was suddenly transported to England (especially when the clouds moved in, creating the perfect stormy, moody English setting). That is, until I looked west and saw the Hudson River and GW Bridge.


We spent some time walking around Fort Tryon Park, as well, where there were all sorts of activities going on, including (what seemed to be) an impromptu concert on a hill.


Overall, a really, really lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...