Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cocooning.

on our walk through Cambridge yesterday evening

So after all that talk yesterday about getting out more, connecting to my city, etc., etc., I have to admit that, although I haven't ventured far from home in the last couple of days, I've had two perfectly lovely and content sort of days. I mean, not to contradict myself, but sometimes it's nice to not be out and about all the time. Sometimes it's nice just to be home, cocooning a bit, you know?

Anyhoo, yesterday and today were two very good days in which I worked hard and long hours on my art (and did some writing as well), then took a walk with Dan around our charming New England neighborhood before dinner, came home, made dinner, then Etsy-posted my recent work and blogged with mindless tv on in the background. Both days. The same thing. And I have to say, it was very nice :)

I guess I'm trying to find the balance between connecting to this place while also enjoying this time of creativity and cocooning (cocoonment?).

And in other news, Dan's brain is melting from Econ Overload.

Goodnight, world.

2 comments:

Taylor Ashley said...

i love all your pictures and the way your "connecting with your city" ! wonderful blog [:
check me out !
portrayingtaylorashley.blogspot.com

That City Girl said...

Thanks for stopping by, Taylor! I will check out your blog as well :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...