Monday, April 25, 2011

Art + Music.

art display at Local Collection, Boston

A very long time ago (nearly four years ago now) I created a piece of artwork that was meant to be a visual counterpart to one of the songs I'd written. At the time it was a way for me deal with some messy emotions that were churning about, but it also sparked an idea. Here's what I said about it back then:

"This *could* be the start of something....I am actually in the process of working on another collage piece that correlates to another one of my songs -- "In That Moment" ... Maybe one day I will have an entire collection of pieces that reflect each of my songs and I'll be able to take this show on the road! Who knows..."

Well, it only took four years, but that idea has finally come to fruition! I have been working hard the last few weeks on finishing up artwork to go along with a set of songs that I plan to perform this Friday night (4/29) in downtown Boston. The store where I display my art has been working with me on the idea for awhile now and I am SO excited to finally see this happen! And since many of my songs tell the story of the bumpy journey that ultimately led me to New York and the life-changing experiences that then followed, I decided to weave in some behind-the-scenes storytelling during the event, as well. I still have a lot of work to do (of course I do, being the procrastinator that I am!) but I am hopeful that it will all come together in the end. Some photos of the new work will (hopefully) be posted on here soon. 

If you happen to be in the area, please stop by! Event details hereNow if I could only kick this head cold that's been stalking me since last month....preferably well before this Friday (please?).....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...