Saturday, September 1, 2012

One year ago from today...

...life changed forever and ever and ever. I think back to this moment and remember the absolute rush of emotions: wild love, fear, awe. He was *so tiny* I thought he might break. And so soft, his skin right up against mine. I held him most of that first night, the room quiet and dark, and watched him sleep, breathe, make tiny noises. Some of it's hard to remember now, emotions and exhaustion were at an all time high. But I know I'll never forget that moment, that first night, his tiny head resting on my shoulder, and what it felt like to meet this amazing little boy for the first time.
*
Happy 1st Birthday to my beautiful, energetic, happy, sweet baby Miles. Love, love, love you with all my heart and more.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...