Friday, October 12, 2007

Life, Busyness & Art

I have been working like a mad woman all week trying to get this art stuff under control (and off the ground). MAN! I mean, I don't want to be a whiner, but it is NOT easy to work a full-time job while also attempting to balance a "music career" AND get your artwork out there for all the world to see!! Whew...I. Am. Tired. I know there are many people out there who do all of this and more (like raising babies and going to school full-time, etc.) and to YOU, I tip my hat...but I am one worn-out New Yorker at the moment.

Early on in the week, I starting throwing around words like "discipline" and "focus" and "goal-oriented"....meaning, I was DETERMINED to get things done! Things like working on my Etsy shop (but seriously, should it take someone FOUR HOURS to create a web-banner??) and setting up my paypal account so that I can do transactions, and the big one: working on my submissions for the University of Mary Washington Alumni Exhibition. (Yep. Class of 2000, right here). Normally I don't participate in many (any) Mary Washington Alumni related activities...but...this one seemed special. It is the Centennial Exhibition, celebrating 100 years of my school. And it is only open to past Mary Washington Art students, which I thought was cool. And I thought about seeing old professors and perhaps connecting with old friends and fellow art majors. So, I decided to give it a shot. I was up *very* late last night putting everything together, because, like a true artist, I procrastinated and just barely made the deadline (which is today). Anyway, I feel relieved that it's done and sent off, and excited that I actually submitted work to a show. Now...we wait. Here are the pieces I submitted:

Nesting Bowls

NYC bowl



TGIF.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...