Thursday, October 18, 2007

Stuff...

Life has felt extraordinarily busy -- guests to entertain, bowls to paint, songs to write....and the one thing that takes up THE MOST time but is currently of LEAST INTEREST: The Day Job. Arg.....
There are so many times when I think to myself, "ah-HA! I need to blog about that!" but then when I actually get in front of this here computer to do so, I fall asleep. The zzzz's are rapidly making their way toward me right now actually, so QUICK let me get to the point! Some random thoughts:

1) this restaurant is *very* yummy and *very* reasonably priced. I had a (good!) date there last weekend and the ambiance + the food = goodtimes. Plus, bonus points for being located in the oh-so-bohemian, ultra-cute Greenwich Village, perfect for post-date walking.

2) not only did I see Star Jones a few weeks ago (and recognized her all by myself!), but we actually rode up in an elevator together. Just me and Star. In an elevator. And in my office building of all places! Turns out Star is the new *star* of a CourtTV talk show, and -- lucky me -- CourtTV just so happens to occupy the floor above us. Soooo....we chatted and discussed politics and whatnot, and then, being blown away by my charisma and articulateness, she *did* invite me up to guest co-host the show....(okay, so maybe that is a slightly dramatic interpretation of events. We DID exchange glances & smiles, however, and there WAS meaningful conversation during the 17 second elevator ride: "Hi." "Hello." and "Have a nice day." "Thanks, you too." Or something like that)...still, I think she liked me. (3 things to note about Star: 1-she smelled good. 2-she looked really good. better than you would expect. seriously. like really fresh and non-fake. 3-she had on cool, hipster glasses. like the tortoise shell frames. UltraHipStar.)

3) I finally got around to seeing the film Across The Universe a couple weeks ago. And I don't care what anyone says: I LIKED IT. Of course, I am a bit of a Beatles nut and anything involving their music (plus psychedelics and cool visuals) is going to entertain me, regardless of the direction, or lack thereof, of plot. PLUS, the actor they cast as "Jude" is a dead-ringer for a young Paul McCartney. *Sigh* Dreamy....

4) tomorrow KW and I head to the mighty mighty state of Maryland...by CAR. That's right! We will be Road Warriors. Drivin' Fools. King(s) of The Road...(these things are VERY exciting for us car-less New Yorkers)...our friend Tara just had a baby girl, and we will spend the weekend in the "country" visiting their little family, makin' meals, and taking their other 2-year-old daughter to the corn maze (how AWESOME will that be?!). I am looking forward to some good ol' fashioned autumn-fun in the burbs :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...