Wednesday, February 6, 2008

...If I can make it here, I'll make it anywhere...



Well, folks, it's been a busy week of traveling and gigging and traveling some more. I had two shows last weekend in Northern Virginia, which, aside from the RIDICULOUS-ness that occurred in trying to get from here to there with all my gear -- in the pouring rain -- went really well. I am thinking of trying to do this more often -- as long as I can come up with a plan B for getting from here to there which includes more convenience and less stress.

Seriously, between the heinous weather, transportation issues and Random Acts of Rudeness (ie: last night I was steamrolled by a very large woman on Lexington Avenue. STEAMROLLED I tell you!!), I feel like I've been taking a good beat-down, NYC style, lately. After the Steamrolling Incident, which was so startling that even strangers gasped on my behalf, I felt like shaking my fists at the New York skies and yelling: "COME ON New York!! Is there a giant "KICK ME" sign on my back?? What is the DEAL?!?" Maybe she heard me....b/c today was better...warmer, for starters, with the scent of spring in the air (I'll take it even though I know it's a tease)....and I had another ride in the elevator with Star Jones....AND I caught a man singing Journey at the top of his lungs in his car on third avenue and 40th.

(See? It doesn't take much.)...thanks, New York. I needed that...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...