Saturday, January 30, 2010

*a special Saturday post*


So I haven't really mentioned it on here yet (mostly b/c when I get around to posting my picture of the day at the end of a long day, I don't have much time or energy to write about it), but I've been working like a mad woman on my bowls* since the beginning of January.

My hope & plan was to have my etsy.com shop up and running by the end of the month (which is *now* -- and I'm still not ready), so maybe the more realistic goal now is the beginning of February (I hope!).

They are quite time consuming to make so I've been working hard to get enough done to stock up my little shop. I have to admit though, it's a bit scary. Ok, so maybe that's the real reason I've put off making this announcement on here. Fear. Fear that I won't get enough made in time (by my self-imposed "deadline"). Fear that they won't sell. Fear that they will sell. Fear that I won't be able to figure out the Etsy selling process (I've bought on Etsy, but never sold). Silly, stupid fear fear fear. But I'm trying to shake it off, and just move forward with the plan...!

Thanks to those of you who have contacted me about the bowls in the last several months. It was the push I needed to finally make this happen. Stay tuned for more details & send me a note at katiearnoldmusic[at]gmail[dot]com if you have any questions!


*just a brief overview of what these suckers are: they start out as plain wooden bowls which I then paint and decoupage with original (New York) photography (and more recently I've started incorporating the images I've posted on this blog during our photo-a-day project. yay!) that's it in a nutshell.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...