Saturday, June 19, 2010

Time is flying (7 days left)...

Rice to Riches in SoHo

Can't believe how quickly time is flying. Can't believe we only have one week left in New York. Can't believe how much there is still left to do (specifically: packing). On the bright though, more and more things are getting crossed off The List!

Last night after a fun evening of live music at a very cool venue in SoHo (Derek Webb and Sandra McCracken! We got to chat with Derek! He is very small!), we headed to a hole-in-the-wall mexican restaurant on Elizabeth Street that I had gone to a few years ago with a friend, and had wanted to go back to before leaving. After that was dessert at Rice to Riches, which is...mmmm...my favorite (and definitely a top priority on The List). Try the chocolate chip and/or coconut. You won't regret it.

There is something about SoHo that feels so very New York to me. Perhaps it is because I don't get down there very often, or maybe it is the cobblestone streets and trendy restaurants and fashion. But some of my fondest and most quintessential New York moments have taken place in that neighborhood, and last night was no exception. It was a perfect summer evening spent with my husband and friends that I have a feeling will stand out in my mind for many years to come.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I forgot about the restaurant. Impressed you found it again! Assuming it's the one I'm thinking of. Glad to hear you're having so many NYC moments! :)

That City Girl said...

yes, it's prob the one you are thinking of :) that was such a fun night!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...