Monday, July 19, 2010

Back in business!

love & silliness in the Canadian Rockies

A quick post to say I am back! Back to Boston -- back to my new "reality" (which is a little confusing at this point. what does reality look like? what will life look like here? not sure). But flying over the water, returning to my new beautiful city, my heart swelled with lots of emotions...some sadness that it wasn't New York, that I wouldn't be returning to my Upper West Side home or to my New York friends, but lots of excitement as well. It's a whole new chapter in a new city that I am excited to explore.

And I feel refreshed and ready for this new chapter after such a lovely whirlwind trip out west. There was some great quality time spent with family, some adventures in a beautiful (see above!) rugged mountain setting, and some great times and laughs with my buddy, my love. AND, along the way, something VERY exciting & important happened...I became an aunt for the first time! Yippee! My brother and sister-in-law became first time parents on July 6, 2010 to Baby Luke, and I am SO EXCITED for our family!! There was *maybe* some dancing and happy tears when we found out about his arrival (after a long & hard delivery by my rockstar sister-in-law, Ang) and we are just thrilled to pieces to welcome this new little life into the world.

So now it's time to go and watch the rest of the Bachelorette (oh, the DRAMA!! are you watching?? this is serious emotional stuff. and Tahiti has now moved to the top of my list of places to go in the world. beautiful....). But I'll have more vaca pics & such to share tomorrow. Until then....

1 comment:

Anna said...

Yay! Glad you're back safely! I missed you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...