Monday, January 24, 2011

Florida Recap.

This morning, my iphone told me that it was 2 degrees outside. TWO! Now it's a balmy 11. Welcome home! How about a little Florida recapping to keep that chill at bay?

Bright blue skies, see? Just what I needed. We started the week out in Orlando with my 93 year old papa, who is the best. Still cracking jokes, still telling stories. I love spending time with him.


After a few days, we left Orlando in our little red rental car and headed south towards Marco Island, a place very near and dear to my heart that I hadn't yet been able to share with Dan. 


My dad has had a place down there for the last 15 years or so, and even though he wasn't able to join us, he let us crash there for a few days. Our own little tropical getaway.


Dan loved it as much as I thought he would (it's a magical place). The only bump along the way was a nasty virus that grabbed ahold of Dan for a couple of days, keeping him out for the count and on the couch (I hate to see him sick). But he rallied and we were able to enjoy the last bit of our trip together. 


 There was a lot of quiet, down-time spent sitting on the balcony and staring at the water/boats...some reading, some napping, lots of laps in the pool, plenty of lying out in the sunshine (with sunblock, of course!), walks on the beach, a trip into Naples, and a magical dinner out on a terrace under the stars....


And all the while, snow and wind were blowing all over the Boston area, with record breaking low temps. Have to say, didn't care about that one bit while we were there! (I am caring about it now, though, sheesh. SO not ready for this week of winter). 

That's all folks. Goodnight! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...