Monday, April 18, 2011

Snapshots from Ragtime.

Vaudeville dancer! (one of my many ensemble roles)

& another one: Jewish immigrant!

on stage (photo credit: Howard I. Cannon)

group shot

Dan & I post-show 
(and my much-perfected "Gibson Girl" hair-do)

So the show wrapped up this past weekend and I am left with those familiar post-show blues. It is always a letdown to see an intense experience (one that has filled up so many minutes and months of your life) end. You live and breathe this music, these people, this story, and then poof.....gone. As hard as it is to see a good thing end, I now have so many lovely, cherished memories of this wonderful experience. It was a bright spot for me during this bleak, sometimes difficult winter, and helped immensely in connecting me more to this place.  

Plus it was just fun to do it all again, see the process of putting up a show unfold...I only had the one show under my belt prior to this, and it confirmed my interest and love for theater, which is a whole different animal than my usual singer-songwriter gig. It will have to be put on hold for now, but I look forward to diving back into it all sometime down the road. And in the meantime, time to catch up on rest & baby-planning! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...