Tuesday, May 8, 2012

On Set.

(White Collar on W. 85th)

I am on a (blog)roll! 2 posts in a row? Unprecedented! (except for that 1+year I posted a photo a day. oh yeah).

This will be a post about movie-making in New York City (sort of), typed while I watch the finale of The Voice (go Juliet!). Okay. On any given day in New York City you can find a film crew set up with their big trailers and big lights and orange traffic cones and fancy trays of fruit and muffins. Much to my delight, the neighborhood of choice lately seems to be the Upper West Side (my neighborhood!). Miles and I like to take walks in the late afternoon/early evening around the 'hood and have stumbled upon some pretty impressive looking productions lately. White Collar (twice in the last few weeks), The Newsroom and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (filming on my street today), to name a few. Two goals: 1) we try to be subtle lurkers (Miles is pretty good at that) and stalk the stars. today we were looking for Ben Stiller and Kristen Wiig. No luck. And 2) we try to look cute and nice and interesting so they will ask us to be in their show/movie. or least walk by in the background.

We're still waiting for our big break.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...