Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It's that time of year...



Christmas time in the city!

I may not be able to get out very often to snap pictures of this beautiful time of year (and no promises of my usual 12 days of Christmas (in New York) project this year, sorry!), but I will do my very best to post as much Christmas-in-New York magic as I possibly can :) 

One of my favorites things is the Christmas trees for sale on the sidewalk. Makes me think of 'When Harry Met Sally' and reminds me of the deep joy I felt when I watched that movie and dreamed about moving here one day (before that dream became a reality). Dreams are lovely, aren't they?

I am definitely beginning to catch the holiday bug, but it's going to have to be put on hold for a few days because we are heading to JAMAICA! Our friends Cynthia and Jim are getting married (hooray!) and OH goodness am I excited to celebrate with them and soak up the warmth of the sun. It will be my first big adventure/trip since The Day When Everything Changed/my surgery, and while I am slightly nervous that I won't be able to keep up & it could really wear me out, I am mostly just excited to get out of the city, throw on a sundress and celebrate our dear friends' love. 

I hope to bring you more twinkle lights and New York magic very soon...but first...sunsets on the beach and maybe a (virgin for me) daiquiri or two :)  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...