Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Missing New York...


grand central, nyc

I bet there's some Christmas magic happening somewhere in Boston, but here in Cambridge (where I, along with my crazybusy, isolating art-making ways, dwell)...I'm just not feeling it. What I am feeling today, however, is major nostalgia for New York.

It's been tugging at my heart strings all week (as I question why I'm not more in the mood to listen to holiday music or count down Christmas magic on my blog) but I was really pushed over the edge this morning after reading a friend's blog and seeing all of her snapshots of New York Christmas magic. Then I remembered...what it feels like to buy a Christmas tree on the street...to see holiday markets on every other corner and trees and twinkle lights around every bend...and, most especially, decorating our magical Upper West Side apartment. I miss it. I miss it all. 

We are heading there next week for a couple days of Christmas magic before heading down to D.C. for the holidays, and I am definitely looking forward to it. But the last couple of visits have proven to me what I've been a little sad to admit....visiting is just not the same as living there. 

That's all...just feeling the nostalgia tonight. Now it's back to work for me...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...