Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend.

blue Virginia skies on Mother's Day

Just back from a lovely (surprise!) visit to Virginia for Mother's Day. The look on my mom's face was priceless when I walked in on Saturday morning, fresh off a plane from Boston. So glad the plan/surprise was a success! Dan, sadly, had to stay behind to finish up his final papers, but I was able to get in some good quality time w/ mom (shopping, lunching, chatting...all the good stuff :) and we had a wonderful time on Sunday with family and some of their friends, brunching and enjoying the beautiful Virginia countryside at some local wineries (well, I was an observer for the winery part). Oh, and the weather was dreamy all weekend. Another fun surprise was Dan sneaking a Mother-to-be Mother's Day card into my suitcase! So surreal to open my very own Mother's Day card...melted me a little!  

mother, daughter and baby bump!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...